Back to (Grad) School.
It’s been awhile.
General busyness and a lack of internet have kept me from doing an update. At this point, there’d be too much to recap. So, in “highlight” format:
- Went to Adam’s friend Jeff’s lake house last weekend. Played lots of drinking-card games, watched the Olympics, walked to the beach, ate brats fresh off the grill, went to a rodeo. Recommendation: never go to a rodeo. Unless you enjoy seeing calves strangled and rodeo clowns yell creepily at children.
- Celebrated Adam’s sister Charlotte’s 17th birthday through dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise, singing over a sweet M&M ice cream cake, and going mini-golfing with his famiglia. I normally really dislike mini-golfing, but it was a fun group to go with and I think we all had a good time.
- After a quick stop at Chipotle we headed down to school on Monday. Adam drove my car until 57 and then I took over. Hated it. Can’t see myself ever being comfortable driving. I am a freak.
- Spent most of this past week just getting settled. Most everything is unpacked now and I’m really liking my place. Will get pictures up eventually (for you, Stephy), just don’t really have all my posters, etc, up so it doesn’t feel completely done yet.
- Went to Piano Man Tuesday; drank many beers and enjoyed fun music.
- Ordered pokey sticks and watched Curb Your Enthusiasm with Adam’s friends Toni and Allison.
- Went to orientation, which was fine/boring until we met with our supervisors for our school placements. Then I just felt nervous, shaky, and unprepared. Oof. That starts on Wednesday.
- Shelly came in this weekend and stayed with me. We went out to Legends on Friday after some girl talk and multiple beers. Yesterday we went to see Tropic Thunder , bought me some plates at Target, watched lots of Veronica Mars, did a brief loop around the quad so she could say goodbye. She leaves for Ecuador in a couple weeks. Insanity.
Today Heather’s coming to check out my apartment and hang out, I have a meeting with the other girls who will be in the same school placement this year, maybe I’ll sneak a lab hour or two in there. Then it’s time to Rock Band/sleepover it up with Adam as all I have tomorrow is a 12:30 meeting. Wheeeee. As of now I will almost always have Wednesdays wide open and next to nothing on Fridays. And yet somehow I already don’t see those days being spent lazily flipping back and forth from the Style network to TLC. I don’t know, grad school. We’re not going to get along unless you allow me to have a social life and enough relaxation time to myself to keep my sanity. We’ll see.