Award & 10 Things
Sabrina of Defying My Closet very kindly gave me “The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award”! So sweet of her, and very cool to receive an award from someone I’ll be meeting next week (Chicago blogger meet up), and who has mad thrifting skills. I’m supposed to share 10 things about myself and then pass this on to ten other bloggers. Without further ado, 10 things:
1. One of my favorite movies ever is The Sound of Music. I fell asleep while watching it for the umpteenth time during my first-ever hangover (at 18) and have never quite been able to get rid of the guilt. I think going on the tour in Salzburg helped.
2. I played a donkey named Dinky in my church’s cantata in third grade. I was the donkey Jesus rode through the streets on Palm Sunday (I just sang a lot and wore a grey hoodie…no one, er, rode me).
3. Cookies and ice cream = complete lack of self control…which is why purchasing Samoa ice cream was a smidgen unwise.
4. My favorite word is ubiquitous. Or at least it was, roughly 5 years ago. I haven’t reassessed in awhile…
5. I am an incredibly light sleeper. I’ve had my hearing checked a bazillion times considering my Master’s program, and it’s not heightened to an insane level. And yet…issues.
6. My family is very small (…I have three cousins).
7. I was born blonde and stayed that way for a couple of years. Funnily enough, Adam was the same way.
8. I’m a big re-reader. Harry Potter is the obvious one, but all my favorites have been read more time than I could count (Memoirs of a Geisha, The Lovely Bones, Ella Enchanted…).
9. I hated shopping for clothes as a kid (until maybe…7th grade?). My mom used to have to encourage it by inviting my stylish next door neighbor to come along. I wore a lot of elastic waisted pants and (huge) flannel shirts.
10. Other than a couple of occasions, I avoided pumping gas into my car regularly until grad school. My “life skills” tend to lag behind a bit…
And now for 10 ladies I’d love to hear more about (and whose blogs rock):
E. from i’d wear it; Kaleigha from krameymartin; T. from What Would a Nerd Wear; La Historiadora de Moda from Fashionable Academics; Christine from FutureLint; Amanda from chai am woman; Liz from lizzypunch; JoAnn from Sidewalk Chalk; Tieka from Selective Potential; Jentine from myedit