Dea of The Dea Diaries kindly gifted me the “Happy 101” award! You should check out her blog if you aren’t already—Anthropologie loveliness abounds! Here are 10 things (in no particular order) that are currently responsible for my smiles:
1. My new trench coat and all of your kind comments about it/on my fitting room post. Let’s expand that to your kind comments in general. They truly mean so much to me, especially during a busy and stressful week.
3. Snail mail. These days even a lengthy email rocks my socks, but nothing can top a card picked out or made just for you.
4. My friends (old & new). I feel so lucky to have both friends with whom I can reunite after months and still feel complete in-sync, as well as classmates I can see every day and find more awesome every night out.
5. Modern Family & Chuck. You crack me up and keep my treadmill workouts rockin’. Muchas gracias.
6. Classes ending FOREVER in 2 weeks. Enough said?
7. Cookies. I am a cookie addict (or “monster”, as my mom lovingly has said). Give me snickerdoodle, sugar, white macadamia, peanut butter, shortbread…and preferably in dough form. THANKS.
8. Nike+. I don’t have the chip, but at my school’s gym my iPod syncs with the machines. I love keeping track of my mileage, seeing how many calories I burned, joining challenges.
9. Big words and beautiful writing. I maybe enjoyed studying for the Verbal portion of the GRE. Just a little. I love words. And a blogger whose writing I’m especially digging right now? Kendi’s!
10. Adam & Milwaukee. We’re hittin’ 2.5 years this weekend, and I’m glad I’ll get to be in Milwaukee during this momentous occasion (Shhhhh half-year anniversaries are SO legitimate!). I’m so giddy over Adam loving his new city so much, and I’m grateful to it for bringing us many miles closer. Even long distance, he is my person. Especially when he tries to give me kisses via video chat. 😉
Annnd some of the blogs that make me happy:
Spread the joy, ladies! Thanks for giving me lovely things to read everyday.